Sunday, January 18, 2009

Barack Obama

I can't remember exactly how this started, but when Barack Obama won the election I remember telling Maya about it. About how she is living through such a momentous event in U.S. history. I bought some magazines with articles about Obama and I remember showing her the photograph of him on the cover and explaining who he is. Then, we went out to dinner with my family and I was trying to show them how she would say something-I can't even remember what- but I asked her who the president was to get her to make this other response, and to my great surprise she said "BARACKOBAMA" (In a loud, shouting kind of voice, and all one word) I almost fell off the chair. I had no idea she had absorbed anything I said about him. Maya also shouts "BARACKOBAMA" any time she sees his picture. Which is ALOT, in grocery store lines, on tv, the doctor's office... Well, yesterday Obama made his Whistle Stop Train Tour stop in Baltimore. Maya was so excited to watch her "BARACKOBAMA" on tv. As they showed video of him waving from the train in Edgewood, she waved frantically at him, and was excited that he waved back. I put our names in the lottery to get tickets to the inauguration, but Barbara (Mikulski) emailed and said we didn't get them. But you know, it will be a lot warmer watching it on tv, and Maya will think we are there anyway!

1 comment:

  1. She's too cute!!! I put my name in the lottery too up here in PA, in our district. I got the rejection email too. But I'm with you, I think I'd rather watch it on TV with Noah while drinking some hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete