Friday, December 26, 2008

I do believe in fairies!

Today we went to see a production of the musical Peter Pan. Maya did amazingly well considering that the play was 40 minutes, 10 min intermission, 60 minutes, 10 min intermission, and then 30 more minutes! I was having trouble sitting still that long. Maya was so excited to see Tinkerbell. I was worried at first when Tinkerbell was actually played by lights dancing across the stage, but she loved it. In the scene when Tinkerbell drinks the poison to save Peter Pan, and Peter Pan turns to the audience and asks, "Do you beleive in fairies?" Maya was the first one in the audience to say "yes". She loved saying "I believe in fairies" and clapping her hands to help Tinkerbell come back to life. I had tears in my eyes, she was so cute. She also exclaimed, "Peter Pan" out loud the first time he was on stage and said his name to Wendy. She was so excited to see him after I had been telling her all about Peter Pan before the show. I guess I have to buy the Disney version now, because she was already asking to see it again before we left the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment